How can I improve my English once I reached an average level? (Thinking about CAE)

Hi guys, I hope you're doing well...
I'm (20) a student from South America. I used to hate English, but then I went to some special lessons back in 2016 (3 hours per week) and I started to learn like REALLY fast. I remember I didn't know nothing in December, but next year (2017) I got to A2 level. My teacher was very pleased, parents weren't, so basically I pushed myself to the limits.
I studied A LOT during summer, made a lot of tests, and in 2018 I prepared the FCE. I did it all on my own.
There's a program on my institute that allows you to make a Cambridge exam for free ONLY IF you're on the required level. the thing is that they test your level on October, and book the exam for you to do it on December (quite hard considering we have like 10 final exams during that time and preparation takes time). The thing is, I wasn't sure I was gonna make it, but I did it.
I did the FCE and passed with C. Not the best mark, but a remarkable achievement considering I did almost all of that on my own, in a year.

I used to be really confident and proud. But then, I lost that.
I don't feel I have improved ever since back then, I made a test to know my English level and apparently I'm still on B2 level. I don't study as much as before, but I read and listen to English more than ever, I even read entire books.
And this year I said "ok, you'll prepare the CAE and try to reach the level by October".
I started reading and listening to podcasts back on January. But I feel like I'm just stuck on my level. I can't understand the same things I didn't understand in 2018. I don't feel I write any better. My listening skills improved, but I have it hard when it comes to reading+listening+reasoning+answering.

I feel like I lost that godly skill of fast-learning. I remember I used to learn entire topics on a day and memorize vocabulary REALLY fast. It's like those crazy years drained all my energy and now I'm just empty.
So, what would you suggest me to do? I can't ask the advice of a teacher since I don't have a proper English teacher anymore (incredibly not even at College, we're too many and teachers can't answer my personal doubts) and I can't afford one. So I truly need your help.
I'm studying to be an English teacher and feel like this is something I have to do, not only for myself, but for my future students. They need a good teacher and I just feel I'm not good enough unless I reach C1 or C2 level.

submitted by /u/Santi25122000
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/3b19iaT
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments