Do mnemonics work for you?

I am learning German and trying to associate der/die/das with various mnemonic methods such as writing "der" words in blue, "die" words in red, and "das" words in green. But I'm finding that during recall I don't really think of these colours. Also the same with associating a funny picture with a noun. For example Hummer is lobster, so I try to think of a Lobster driving a Hummer car. But then during recall I can't remember which animal it is, just that it's some sort of animal.

I find that the only method that really works for me is to learn the m/f/n with the noun so that it almost sounds like one word. Eg learn "das Museum" so that it sounds like "dasmuseum", this way if you mistakenly use der or die it sounds instantly weird!

Anyway, do mnemonics work for you when learning vocabulary?

submitted by /u/PowerApp101
[link] [comments]

from Ẹ káàbọ̀ https://ift.tt/3avQQXp
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments