What should I do, focus in a language for work or for hobby?

Hi there It's my first time posting here, I've been learning Russian on and off since last year, never really been consistent with it. However, my interest in Russian was always for personal interest. I like how the language sounds, I like the cyrillic alphabet and I like Russian culture and definitely want to travel Russia one day. I have no interest in moving to or working in Russia.

However, I would really like to move to Germany in some years time. And would like to know German for professional reasons. I also do like German, I've done a little bit of it so far and I also like how it sounds. I just first dived into Russian because of a different looking alphabet. Otherwise I would've started with German first.

So my question is that, is it okay to try to balance learning two languages at the same time ? Will I get to a decent business level in German, if I am also doing Russian for fun in the side ? Or should I rather focus solely on German, then when I get to a decent level, starting doing Russian ? Any advice is appreciated

TLDR: I wanna learn Russian for fun. I wanna learn German for professional reasons. Should I focus on then move onto the other? Or is it possible to manage both but perhaps giving more time to German ?

submitted by /u/warpple
[link] [comments]

from Ẹ káàbọ̀ https://ift.tt/3ozfxpW
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments