Is there anyone in this subreddit who knows about MPV player and scripts?

Hey guys! If these kinda posts aren't allowed here, feel free to delete it. Can anyone help me get this thing running? I'm sorry, I'm very new to MPV player and and I'm not that tech-savvy. So far I've managed to install Python, and 'ffmpeg'. I've cleared step 1 and 2 but, I'm stuck on step 3. I have no idea how to make the 'ffsubsync' default, and I think I don't even understand the instructions on step 3 at all. anyway, I've copy pasted the entire installation instructions down below from the "Read me" file. I would be grateful if any one of you can help me out on this. Thanks! P.s. I'm running a Windows machine.

### Installation
1. Install [ffsubsync](https://github.com/smacke/ffsubsync).
You can simply use `pip install ffsubsync`,
assuming you already have `ffmpeg` installed.
2. Download `autosubsync.lua` or clone the repo.
3. If your `ffsubsync` path isn't the default,
create a config file at `~/.config/mpv/script-opts/autosubsync.conf` (GNU/Linux) or `%AppData%\mpv\script-opts\` (Windows)
and add the correct path. For example:

```
subsync_path=/usr/local/bin/ffsubsync

```
* In Windows you need to use forward slashes or double backslashes for your path,
like `"C:\\Users\\YourPath\\Scripts\\ffsubsync"` or `"C:/Users/YourPath/Scripts/ffsubsync"`,

or else it won't work.
* In GNU/Linux you can use `which ffsubsync` to find out where it is.
* If you're using an older version of `mpv`, it's possible that you
need to add your `.conf` file to `lua-settings` instead of `script-opts`.

  1. Move `autosubsync.lua` to your scripts folder.
    This is typically in `~/.config/mpv/scripts` (GNU/Linux) or `%AppData%\mpv\scripts\` (Windows).
submitted by /u/Hareta54
[link] [comments]

from Ẹ káàbọ̀ https://ift.tt/3agmLKl
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments