I’m struggling to remember/understand things in my second language.

I don’t know if this is the correct subreddit to ask but I’m from Malaysia and my first language is English, I know it like the back of my hand. I’m completely fluent in it. But all of my subjects which are in my second language which is Malay.

Considering I’ve been speaking Malay since I was 2 (I’m 16 now) and learning it in school (having all my subjects taught in it) I can write essays in it but it’s definitely not fluent when I’m trying to have an in depth conversation in Malay.

For subjects like Biology,Physics,Chemistry,Moral the problem of memorising what’s in my textbook isn’t that bad BUT with history! Oh my gosh there are so many words in there and I just don’t know how I can remember them all, the questions I get in the exam are super long essay structured questions where I have to give 12 points all from my head. But I can’t even remember one yet 2 whole textbooks full of information. I’m pretty sure if I was reading it in English, my brain would process and understand it better therefore it would stick it my brain instead of entering and exiting. Does anyone have any guidance to PLEASE HELP ME !! I’m gonna take that highschool certificate exam (o levels ?) towards the end of 2022, and I’ll need to have 2 full textbooks of information in my brain.

submitted by /u/i-cunt
[link] [comments]

from Ẹ káàbọ̀ https://ift.tt/3tbNu3e
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments