I feel stuck.

I am 3 months into learning Korean, I feel like I am not making enough progress.

I can learn grammar with no problem, but learning vocab seems like a chore. At first I used flash cards and did the eng-kor format. I only got to about 30 days when I found that it wasn’t effective to me and even led to me taking a break from Korean bc I was stressed about it. I did some research and everyone is saying to do picture or sentence flash cards. But these still don’t retain in my head. I heard learning through context is also a good way to learn new vocab, but I have no idea how to. People say to watch videos or dramas once with eng, then target language, and keep repeating. In the end, I don’t seem to learn anything bc Korean is being spoken too fast and I can’t keep up.

My listening sucks right now, the only words I could understand are probably the most common words. Listening more is the best way to improve, but I listen (actively) for almost 5 hours everyday and still don’t feel like I am making progress.

Thanks for any suggestions

submitted by /u/kawaiimacaron
[link] [comments]

from Ẹ káàbọ̀ https://ift.tt/2L9hpIg
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments