FSI Language Courses

Hi!

I found out about the FSI language courses a few years ago and recently decided to take the FSI Arabic a bit more seriously now. My goal is to finish the entire series this year.

This is the first time that I am using the course to learn a language. With the other languages that I have learned/in process of learning, I did language exchanges, read a ton, watched movies or youtube series and even switched the setting on my phone.

For those of you that have used the course (for any language), what were your opinions? Did it help you to reach a good speaking/reading level? Did you feel confident to speak with people afterwards?

All of the languages that I know are Romance language and Arabic has been much more difficult to get to a moderately ok level. I have noticed that the course is pretty old and some of the countries they reference don't even exist anymore, lol. Also there are some audios missing as well and I learn mostly by listening. It seems as though the course is super focused on a diplomatic relations and politic topics which are great and interest me as well but it doesn't seem to have more day-to-day interactions. Those are some of my observations.

submitted by /u/muyendzi
[link] [comments]

from Ẹ káàbọ̀ https://ift.tt/3oy31GY
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments