Trilling R’s

So up until the last 7 months (?) the only effort at pronouncing the trilled R I had was tapping the tip of my tongue on the ridge of my mouth. However, an intro to linguistics class and seclusion in my dorm room were segues into getting that first ‘sputter’ of a trilled R. I guess what I’m trying to say is that if you are having difficulty learning the T’d R, know tha 1) there is more breathing than an actual muscle motion to it, 2) you have to balance a relaxed tongue and breathing, and 3) it takes a LONG while to do it. Though I can trill my R’s it sounds a little unnatural.

Tldr: trilling R’s was a tough journey, must have patience, learn to comfortable with breathing loudly :)

submitted by /u/scoobdoobydoobydoo
[link] [comments]

from Ẹ káàbọ̀ https://ift.tt/2JrYNSZ
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments