Should I quit learning Dutch now that I'm leaving the Netherlands?

I started learning Dutch around 4 months ago. However, I've been living in the Netherlands over a year. At first I got by pretty well just using English, but this year I thought about all those things I was missing by not knowing the language. In these 4 months I've learnt a lot, not just about the language, but about the countries where Dutch is spoken!

A couple of days ago I got the good news that I got a position to work in Austria. I don't speak German, but I'd really like to learn the language, and this time I could start from the very beginning. However, I don't think I'll have the time to learn both German and Dutch and also work! On top of that, both languages are somewhat similar and I might end up confusing them if I attempt to continue learning them simultaneously!

Should I quit Dutch? Or maybe should I put Dutch on pause and get back to it later? Is there any way to maintain it? What would u do?

submitted by /u/Milo_92
[link] [comments]

from Ẹ káàbọ̀ https://ift.tt/2MhjS3x
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments