is there any way to preserve the Sounds of Speech website/are there other alternatives?

hello there, I completely forgot that Flash Player will no longer be supported after tomorrow, which really sucks because I’ve been meaning to practice my pronunciation in both Spanish and German with the Sound of Speech website. I’m panicking because I really like the way the website is set up with each sound being separated into categories as well as audio and video samples with example words, too. I’ve heard of Flashpoint, but that only seems to apply to games. r/Flash seems to be dead, and all of my search results lead back to Flashpoint. out of desperation, I thought I would ask some fellow language learners for help with preserving this wonderful resource.

is there any way to “save” this website for future use? alternatively, are there any similar resources that are as practical and user-friendly as Sounds of Speech? (I especially appreciated the cross-section diagrams as well as the feature where you can record yourself and quickly compare it to the audio.) if not, I might just have to resort to the Wikipedia pages for IPA and making a bunch of voice memos and deleting them :(

thank you in advance for your help!

submitted by /u/soniahadid
[link] [comments]

from Ẹ káàbọ̀ https://ift.tt/3rAzsr4
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments