How to break listening concentration fatigue?

I'm a native English-speaker. Ive been learning French off and on for around 15yrs (from high school days). I'm still far from fluent, around B1/B2 Level, but enough to get by in a francophone country. I also know some Spanish and Portuguese, but they're A2

My problem is a I try to get lots of listening practice with them, like watching YouTube videos or movies (I like to hear natural speaking language) from time to time, however I can only take a few minutes of it till I start to tune out and can't concentrate. I find it such a mental effort to try follow them and translating everything. English is the only language that can keep my concentration (obviously).

Any tips, and anyone else had this problem?

submitted by /u/MysteriouxBlue
[link] [comments]

from Ẹ káàbọ̀ https://ift.tt/2WSDZXV
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments