How do I take my language abilities to the next level?

I haven't formally tested, but I'd place myself at a B1 in standard Arabic after about 3.5 years of on and off practice. My main goal is to increase my level of comprehension and speak more fluently. I sometimes have to think a lot about verb conjugations and/or tenses. In the past I've tried to focus on grammar books because I have been told that it's hard to reach the upper echelons of standard Arabic without doing so, but I personally find it boring and so I quit easily. It's a little discouraging that it seems that immersing alone isn't sufficient to get me to reach a higher level, or so I think. I would love to get to the point where I can express myself in Arabic as I can in Spanish or in English: without much difficulty and without too much thinking. What next steps should I take? Language classes? Italki lessons? Journaling? Reading more? Writing more?

submitted by /u/Mystik-Palace
[link] [comments]

from Ẹ káàbọ̀ https://ift.tt/2WUtaV9
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments