“Ancient” Aramaic without Hebrew?

I only want Aramaic for historical purposes: ie. the Imperial Aramaic of the Persian chanceries, inscriptions, etc.

It’s endlessly frustrating that every course I can find demands I have “knowledge” of Biblical Hebrew. Now as fascinating as that language is, I know it’s its own rabbit hole, and can’t fathom brute-forcing my way through a complex language JUST to get to the one I’m really wanting to learn.

Are there any books that take it easy with the whole “I’m sure you know Hebrew” thing? Not a professional semiticist so I just don’t have the time to be absorbing a language to get to a language.

Excuse the rant but I’m a bit exasperated.

submitted by /u/GentleFrenchFry
[link] [comments]

from Ẹ káàbọ̀ https://ift.tt/3htWvzg
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments