Phone fear / Shyness and Language Learning

Hi there, I recently got a C1 in german and my situation got me thinking. Until late B2 / C1 I was afraid to answer on the phone with strangers.

I always made up 100 excuses (to myself or others) to just not answer on the phone, because I was very shy / awkward.

Then, after the C1 and about 60 hours of Tandem / Language Exchange via Skype, I have almost overcome this fear.

I have now zero problems to make skype calls even with strangers (for example, I was able to successfully participate at 2 Job Interviews in german and got the job).

About phone calls I am much more comfortable now, depending on the nature of the call. Still not perfect but way better.

Anybody had / has a similar problem? Wanna share your story? How did you overcome the problem? At what level could you communicate effectively on the phone?

submitted by /u/Beavisx_K_90
[link] [comments]

from Ẹ káàbọ̀ https://ift.tt/3fMmUHR
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments