Need some advice, deciding between learning Spanish or japanese next

Hello! Being an American, English was obviously my first language. I took French for 6 years throughout school and I've always been interested in learning as many languages as I could. While I enjoyed learning French, for a while I figured it was a waste of time for me to pursue language any further. Well obviously since I'm here I've decided that I don't really care anymore. I'm really passionate about languages and I want to be able to speak with as many people as I can.

Japanese is definitely the language I'm most interested in learning as my 3rd language. It's always been a really impressive language to me. However, while I'm not really interested in learning it, Spanish is definitely the most useful in my day to day life. Not only that, but I know I'd also learn it a lot faster than Japanese and therefore I could start learning Japanese in the future a lot sooner if that makes sense? I could just use some advice on what you guys think I should do.

Tl;dr - Do I learn japanese because I'm the most passionate about it, or do I learn Spanish because I'd use it more in day to day life and take japanese down the road since I'd be able to pick up spanish a lot faster rather than vice versa?

submitted by /u/1Seventy
[link] [comments]

from Ẹ káàbọ̀ https://ift.tt/3qqJESC
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments