Arabic: MSA vs dialect

Hey, All.

Finally said heck it and decided to get back into foreign languages, and I'm leaning towards Arabic (I absolutely love the writing system).

I know there are significant differences between MSA and a dialect (and consequences for either), so I figured I'd ask for some input.

My "goal" for the learning it would be to basically read/listen to news in Arabic, and maybe have a conversation or two online. I will not be traveling to any particular country.

So, what say you? MSA or dialect?

Note: Regarding the writing, I know Persian would also be also be an option, but I went with the one that covers more regions (assuming they still use MSA at all).

submitted by /u/TheFakeZzig
[link] [comments]

from Ẹ káàbọ̀ https://ift.tt/39o0Odm
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments