Where to buy German eBooks? (NOT Amazon)

I'm located in the US and want to know what sites I can successfully purchase German eBooks from?

Amazon.de says I'm in the wrong region, and I don't like Kindle much anyway. I prefer to buy things that can be read on any e-reader app (I have Read Era) but Amazon is kind of the only place I can think of that offers them at all, and if they have region issues I'm worried German based sites might have that as well?

I've already gone through the Gutenberg Project site and downloaded all the German works that looked interesting but I feel like reading something for fun not slogging through more difficult/dry stuff. I like Thriller/Sci Fi type books if that helps, and I don't want to pirate.

Any recommendations or am I out of luck? Also are physical books under different copyright laws than eBooks? I was hoping to save a little and get instant reading material with an eBook but if physical books are easier I'd welcome suggestions on where to get a good selection of those as well. Thanks!

submitted by /u/basementfriend
[link] [comments]

from Ẹ káàbọ̀ https://ift.tt/31KxdpS
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments