Listen to the same podcast over and over again or listen to a wide variety of podcasts?

Hey! After listening to an episode of Radio Ambulante (Spanish), I want to start incoporating podcasts as a study tool ( other than movies, shows and songs).

The problem is that I’m unsure of how to go about it: Should I listen to the same podcast multiple times (maybe 3 times- first to get the idea of the story, second to study the transcription intensively to pick out any new words or phrases that I might have missed out on and the third to practise my listening),

or just listening to a wide variety of podcasts, listening just once and skimping/referring to the transcript when I don’t understand, and move on to the next? (Following this method, I would learn new words with repetition rather than intensive study, however I’m not sure if this is the best way to go if I want to improve my listening skills as well)

*I honestly feel that listening to the same podcast over and over again is really boring, but at the same time I have seen people saying that it’s better, so I’m really not sure.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/ArchonUniverse
[link] [comments]

from Ẹ káàbọ̀ https://ift.tt/35Ia9cH
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments