Is it even worth learning a language anymore?

I have been learning languages for most of my life (especially Spanish and Japanese) and have always wanted to travel someday to places like Japan, Canada, Mexico, Spain, Greece, etc to converse with other people who speak different languages and immerse myself in their respective culture(s) However, ever since the beginning of this COVID-19 outbreak with all of these lockdowns, travel restrictions, coronavirus cases, and everything else, I have started to doubt myself and wonder if it has all been for nothing and spend my time doing something else with my life. I kind of feel like a defeatist and as if I just wasted the last half decade or so on trying to learn a bunch of different languages (Mandarin, Spanish, Greek, Japanese, French, German) that I may never use as, by the looks of it, travel may just become a thing of the past. So, should I even care anymore, or just do something else instead? Genuine question here.

submitted by /u/PuzzleheadedAnalyst4
[link] [comments]

from Ẹ káàbọ̀ https://ift.tt/3jNTlWB
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments