B2+ quantity vs. quality

I recently got a job where I’m talking and working in my TL all day. It’s a language-heavy job so it’s been very intense.

My coworkers have been really respectful of the fact that I’ve only spoken the language for 2 years and they don’t really correct me.

Im wondering if just living in the language is enough to learn it well. Like, I’m talking all day long but I’m talking bad, so am I just reinforcing the poor grammar I’m using? Basically, I feel like I’m just spitting out low-quality B2-level language and not correcting myself or studying my mistakes like I did in levels 0-B1

Or do we learn language via osmosis? Will the quality of my speech automatically get better over time because I’m subconsciously getting better at reproducing the patterns I hear all day?

submitted by /u/SweetPickleRelish
[link] [comments]

from Ẹ káàbọ̀ https://ift.tt/2HQdwpZ
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments