After a couple of months struggling with Anki, I finally decided to just drop it

So, yeah... That's pretty much it. Been learning Japanese for about 5 months, tried adjusting to Anki for the past 3 or 4, and I mean, really tried, but I guess it's just not for me. Sometimes people around the internet will make you feel like memory just wasn't a thing before Anki came around, and I get it, it's a good program, but what purpose does it serve if you feel like it's just pointless work? I'd rather be reading some manga and having to look up the same word again and again until it sticks.

I guess I'm just writing this to the people who feel miserable creating flashcards or doing dumb reviews of things that don't even matter to you at that moment. Just do whatever you feel like, don't be anxious about dropping a method you think is boring just because the community is obsessed with it. You'll do just fine, as long as you stick to a method you actually enjoy.

Concerning how to proceed from now on, I think I'll start studying by writing. I absolutely love writing kanji, they are the most interesting thing ever. Anyone who tried writing them for practice might want to tell me how it went?

submitted by /u/chungkng
[link] [comments]

from Ẹ káàbọ̀ https://ift.tt/31X6E0J
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments