Which language should I learn to be more connected (?) with my South Asian friends and if it's Hindi how do I start learning it?

So I recently changed school and in my new school most of my friends are South Asian (Hindu, Punjabi, Nepali) so basically, my entire friends' group is South Asian and I'm Italian so I'm kinda the one European kid in the group and sometimes they start talking about like in Hindi (or other South Asian languages) or like talk about stuff related to the language and I kinda feel left out not really knowing what they're talking about so I kinda want to learn one to understand it plus I'm also really into languages and cultures so I kinda would love if that was possible to learn some I asked my friend and he bascially said that they're all kinda the same or similar (kinda like Italian and Spanish kinda similar) so learning Hindi would probably be better and I already speak a tonal language natively called Cantonese so I don't think the tonal part of the language would be hard but I was hoping to know I don't exactly plan to learn the language like learn learn cause I'm currently learning Portuguese so I'm kind of hoping to learn it like a side language and hope on to it so I was wondering how I could do that.

submitted by /u/Tenno_agent
[link] [comments]

from Ẹ káàbọ̀ https://ift.tt/3l4Rtdg
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments