My grammar sucks but I speak English!

Hello!

I’ve been living in North America for 5 years. I studied English in school but I didn’t payed too much attention. I actually learned a lot English during my college years and I used to work in a tourist area in my country, so I had a lot exposure to English. I’ve been noticing that my English grammar suck, I confused sometimes really basic stuff like I have been, Sometimes I write I been. ( I don’t write that often in my job) but anyways That make me really upset since My speaking skills are really good. (yes I have a strong accent, sometimes is difficult for people to understand me at the beginning but after a few days they get used to it) I rarely need to ask someone to repeat themselves so my understanding is really good. Also my reading skills are not bad. I’m good reading healthcare journals, news or patient charts for example but I’m bad reading novels or anything that require a lot imagination. I have a profesional job in United States. So I always feel that I’m less than my colleagues because of my English.

Native language: Spanish Second language: English Third language: French (B1)

Any recommendations? About how to improve my writing and gramma. Please!

I’m already taking accent reduction clases with a speech pathologist.

submitted by /u/PONCEMTL
[link] [comments]

from Ẹ káàbọ̀ https://ift.tt/2HMnV5F
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments