Does anyone else fear they'd run out of interesting resources and content in their target language before mastering it?

A lot of reading and listening is required to get fluent in a language so that essentially requires me to consume a lot of interesting and relevant media in that language.

I believe this happened to me with Korean. I watched a lot of Korean drama without subs, listened to a lot of Kpop and Korean radio, and watched some reality tv shows without subs. But at some point, I got tired of it all and there wasn't any Korean media that interested me anymore. I was around intermediate plus at that point then when I reached the dead end, my Korean skills regressed major because I couldn't find any interesting media for me to keep the fire burning. While I do sometimes read news in Korean, Korean local news isn't exactly that relevant to me since I don't live in Korea and I feel like I'm just torturing myself trying to read international news in Korean.

I'm currently working on Japanese and there's a ton of animes on my watchlist and LNs, VNs, and mangas on my to read list. There's definitely a lot to keep me busy. Though I somehow fear that what if I just get tired of anime, LN, VN, manga and there's no shows or books in Japanese that would interest me before I get to N1 level.

submitted by /u/InsomniaEmperor
[link] [comments]

from Ẹ káàbọ̀ https://ift.tt/30dfM0o
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments