Creating mental scenarios for duolingo sentences

I have been using duolingo italian (plus external study, don't worry) but i'm bothered by how quickly the sentences come and go. Therefore, I will practice pronouncing the sentence first until I'm comfortable saying it. Then I will close my eyes and imagine a scene in which I would use that sentence irl (this can be difficult for some duolingo sentences lol). I play through the scene and then say the sentence in my TL aloud when it fits. My thought process is that this helps internalise the language. Do any of you have experience with this strategy and feel like it helps? My concern is that I can take minutes at a time on one sentence and I do not want to waste my time if I am not getting much out of it.

submitted by /u/Snoo68278
[link] [comments]

from Ẹ káàbọ̀ https://ift.tt/3jh80Ky
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments