The Transparency Fluency test is BRUTAL

I've been learning Spanish for about 2 years on and off so I decided to finally test my fluency. I found a site called Transparency and took their fluency test only to find out, that apparently my Spanish still sucks even though i can read and comprehend most things and understand natives if they speak slowly. Admittedly my listening comprehension is still pretty low, but I expected to do better than the 72/150 I got. It didn't help that portions of the test pull from European Spanish and I've specifically been learning and having conversations in LatAm Spanish.

I then said fu*k it and decided to take the test in English just because.

I was shocked by how difficult it actually turned out to be. A lot of the questions are phrased oddly, some contained vocabulary that require somewhat specialized knowledge and others seemed outright paradoxical. This is coming from a college educated native English speaker that has always excelled in English classes.

Lo and behold, I only scored 90%. I can only imagine what it would be like for someone learning English as a second language.

Does anyone else have any experience with Transparency fluency tests?

submitted by /u/eljay4k
[link] [comments]

from Tikilluaritsi | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/31G853Z
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments