Sunken cost fallacy in language learning?

Any of y'all dealt with this?

You ever study a language for a while, get somewhat decent but not exactly fluent, but then run out of reasons to continue? What did you do about it?

I've attained a decent level of understanding in Russian, but would probably have to consume a lot more input and get the declensions DOWN before I could start putting hours into conversation practice and get to low fluency. I should probably put Russian aside and pour my efforts into Japanese, since I plan to live there in like two years... but I've made so much progress in Russian, it's just hard, ya know that feeling?

submitted by /u/TonguesInc
[link] [comments]

from Tikilluaritsi | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/3gJLnwe
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments