Realistic number of languages to actually know and maintain?

Hello! I'm a native Spanish speaker and I feel (more or less) confident in English. I know I make some mistakes but I'm definitely trying to improve. I have been studying French for some years and right now it's my main focus in my language learning journey.

Next year I want to start Japanese and Italian at my university. I know very few about both languages, some words and Japanese characters, and can say some sentences in Italian. I also want to learn German in the future.

I'm interested in those languages because

- I started with English and French at school, they were mandatory and with the time I learnt to enjoy them (specially French).

- German, Japanese and Italian are probably my favourite languages (specially the firsts two).

My goals (long-term) are:

C1 English, B2 or C1 French, B2 Italian, C2 Japanese (main focus because I'm open to living there and I want to study there in the future), B2 German.

I'm also open to achieving a higher level if I even moved to a country that speaks X language, or even learning new ones, but this is what I aspire to right now. Are they too many to learn and maintain?

submitted by /u/BashfulJasmine
[link] [comments]

from Tikilluaritsi | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/34Qaqv8
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments