My first purchase on iTalki sucks!!!

I'm a new user of iTalki, applying for their courses as of Aug 14. I purchased a 5-session package with a teacher after trying out her class on a discounted price. All went well, so I thought, "why not just stick with her? She seemed nice and friendly and willing to help me advance my English." However, it was after I was officially onboard that she showed her true colour. To begin with, she called a wrong student at our first official session - “This happens,” I thought, “I can understand.” In our sessions afterwards, she sometimes felt an urgent need to go to the fridge for a glass of iced lemonade - OK. THIS, I also understood, was totally human needs, even thought I knew the fact that our session only took 55min so she’s already allowed to have a 5min-breakup between her classes for water or snacks.

However, in our forth session, the most absurd urgency surfaced - She's in an urgent need to pick up a delivery, which considerably interrupted the flow of our session. To compensate for this interruption, she gave me a few extra minutes - so our call ended with a duration of 1hr 1min 55sec.

Due to her personal plan - she requested for a new time slot for our last session, which was arranged by her at mid-night my local time. I discussed with her to see if she would be able to find a slot that fit us both - which she failed. Either the new slot was arranged to take place mid-night my local time, or it’s pushed back to 1 or 2 weeks later. I contemplated and discuss this with her. If there's no way for us both to resolve this issue, we agreed to terminate the package and I'll get a refund of one fifth of the price of the package. Right after I sent my request for termination, she declined! I was shocked, not only at the declination, but also at how iTalki allows their teachers to have this entitlement to treat us students/consumers like this! She's now defending herself by pretending she didn't understand my words. Well, here I included a screenshot of the conversation for your reference.

The action of having submitted a request to terminate the package activated a result that made the disputed booked time slot disappeared from my calendar!!! Now she’s the one who benefited from coaxing me into submitting the termination request by agreeing to return one fifth of the full price!!!! This is how this iTalki teacher tricked her student!!!!

Having collaborated with teachers like this and failed to protect the rights of us consumers, I don't think I'll use iTalki ever again!!!

submitted by /u/im007haha
[link] [comments]

from Tikilluaritsi | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2G5LvcF
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments