Which would be easiest for a native English-speaker (Canadian) to learn; French, Italian, or German?

Born and raised in Canada where I've spoken English my entire life. I also speak Slovak and Serbian fluently as that's where my parents are from, but my grammar/reading/writing aren't perfect. But let's pretend I just speak English. With that in mind, which of these three languages would be easiest for me to learn first; French, Italian, or German? Also possibly open to Spanish. I'd ideally like to learn at least two of the languages, but want to start with the easier one. I'm 30 if that makes any difference. Also, any tips/resources would be greatly appreciated- is Rosetta Stone or Duo Lingo still the standard for learning, and can they really get me native-level proficient? I want to be able to read their literature and fully grasp all the nuances, and would also like to eventually write music in these languages as well. Thanks!

submitted by /u/__sicko
[link] [comments]

from Шäлä | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/3eiED7e
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments