Trouble understanding newscasters

I’ve found, oddly enough, that my comprehension always lags behind my ability to speak when learning a new language. Typically this clears up as my vocabulary improves and my ear gets better at detecting word breaks.

One point of frustration though is the fact that I always have trouble understanding news programs. Documentaries, interviews, TV shows- pretty much everything else is always a lot easier. I’m a bit frustrated by this, since I’ve always assumed that the news was meant to be a clear, “textbook” example of whatever language it’s in. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this and has any tips. I know I have to do a lot more listening, but I’m not sure what sort of content would be a good stepping stone.

submitted by /u/hapaxlegoman
[link] [comments]

from Sveiki | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/3392oN2
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments