"Mom phrases"? In Spanish or otherwise.

Still learning Spanish and trying to teach my 3 yo and baby due in October. Dad didn't teach me Spanish and my mom is monolingual.

I know how to say a few phrases that I use in English all the time for a toddler who is constantly getting into things, but any recommendations otherwise?

What would your mom say to you in Spanish (or amy other language for that matter)? I know my abuela had a few choice curses that she would say when she was really angry (not at family) like "I hope he chokes on a rat" which I think is both terrible and hilarious.

Not growing up in a Spanish speaking house makes me overthink these little things, but I definitely want my kids to remember me speaking (broken) Spanglish, if it helps them to use it in their daily lives.

submitted by /u/a-deer-fox
[link] [comments]

from Шäлä | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/307RgNg
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments