Fear of speaking a different language?

I realize when talking to my students that grammar or vocabulary are not the worse problems for learners. Sometimes they are very smart while speaking to friends and family but when dealing with strangers they freeze and sounds like a child trying to make sentences. When they sounds, of course. I'm asking myself what comes to our mind when we're about to interact with another person. Fear of looking stupid? Maybe anxiety? Shyness? Not to be loved? Or being hated? An old British search showed that the worst fear was not the fear of death but fear of public speaking. I died a lot of times but always came back to life to try again, over and over. Is there a way to overcome it definitely? Is it what happens to you? Would you share your perception?

submitted by /u/Comgrupos
[link] [comments]

from Шäлä | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/3fqXUF4
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments