Which language should I choose to learn?

Hi everyone,

I really like learning new languages but I don't know which one to choose. I'll give my background: I can speak English, Hindi and Marathi well. I use all three in communicating on a daily basis.

I was trying to learn Spanish, but gave up in the middle so I thought maybe I wasn't that interested in it. Then I turned to Chinese, but it's so damn difficult. I liked how the syllabus is structured according to HSK levels. Further, I realised that the languages that I mostly come in contact with, in terms of watching shows and listening to music, are Japanese and Korean. Maybe a little bit of Spanish.

I want to learn the basics of a language in a year, which means, at least understanding what people are saying and being able to give a decent reply (without offending anyone). Being able to read and write also will be a bonus. I'm not very rich so I can't afford pricey lessons or travel to places with native speakers. But I think I can manage with apps, free online sources and books. I also can't give more than an hour day to language learning since I am a college student.

So which language should I choose? Also, any details as to how to progress in a structured way would be really, really appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/Mell0w-Dramatic
[link] [comments]

from Salam | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2V5Bscu
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments