Lost in the language learning journey

Hi all,

My language learning story began two years ago. In mid-2018 I began to learn Spanish on my own. It was my second language. At the start, it was going very well. I was like a sponge absorbing anything and everything. I made a lot of mistakes and struggled but it helped me grow and learn. I read books, watching movies, spoke to native-speakers, used apps like Duolingo on my spare time (all of this is in Spanish btw), listened to podcasts, purchased a couple of courses... Everything was going really well.

Fast-forward to June 2020 and I'm completely lost on where to go or how to reset. I haven't been practicing in recent months due to the whole COVID thing and stress with school and work. I've stopped talking to the native speakers that I was friends with...

I'm not entirely sure where I fit. I'm not a beginner. My guess is intermediate to advanced(although some of the intermediate stuff is difficult and some of the advanced stuff is easy). When you're learning by yourself, it becomes a little difficult because you don't have a guideline to follow. I live in a small city in Canada - not exactly the place where a lot of native Spanish speakers are. All of this has really made me feel unmotivated. But there is that little voice in the back of my mind that wants me to keep going and here I am on Reddit asking for any advice to help me get back on track.

Thanks in advance

submitted by /u/DuePanini
[link] [comments]

from Tere | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/3htbZmJ
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments