Playing video games in a different language on PS4!!!

Not sure if it's going to reach a wide audience but I've noticed that many games on PS4 won't let you play in a variety of languages. I'm talking specifically about having a VOICEOVER, not just subtitles. I'm Russian and have a Russian account, so very often I can't play, say, Witcher 3 in French or German although the game has clearly been translated into those languages. I have the choice, though, to play in Polish or sometimes in Turkish, I have no idea of. IMAO. Why Turkish??? (No offence to Turks here, I just don't know Turkish. That's all)

Seriously, why can't developers or PS4 (I think both sides decide this) add all the languages in one package IF THEY DECIDE to do many localisations. Actually I wouldn't even mind downloading a separate language pack if it takes up too much memory.

Thinking about this from a bit different angle, I feel like they deny you the advantage of experiencing a game through a different cultural lens. In fact, it is also strange because developers basically do more work but do not let more people appreciate their work. I wish I could play Dishonored in French, the game is so elegant, French would just fit perfectly, in my opinion. XD . And it's even more difficult or probably impossible to find a game in Chinese from the Russian ps store.

Video games are certainly one of the ways to enjoy a language so why take away this opportunity so unnecessarily???

Does anyone else feel the same way? What do you think guys?

submitted by /u/Makqa
[link] [comments]

from Ongi etorri | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2Lk8KyY
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments