Hebrew has been discontinued at my university and now I have to switch to another language. Help!

I have studying Hebrew as a complete beginner since February. The course has been discontinued since it wasn’t very popular. Now I have the options of studying Arabic, Turkish, Farsi or Kurdish. I don’t have any experience with any other Middle Eastern languages. I know for the cases of Arabic, Farsi and Kurdish that it would be necessary to learn a completely new alphabet.

I am attracted to the idea of starting beginners Turkish because it means I don’t have to start from scratch now that I’m finally comfortable with Hebrew! After reading about the nature of agglutination in Turkish I’m slightly afraid. Does anyone have any experience as native English speaker learning these languages? Maybe in wanting to pick Turkish because I think it will be somewhat easier I’m actually digging my own grave here?? Many thanks

submitted by /u/thedaybeforeyoucame1
[link] [comments]

from Góðan dag | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/3cjU8uC
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments