Has anyone else been using Animal Crossing or other video games for language learning?

Animal Crossing has been perfect for language learning mainly becuase:

  • Unlike other games I've tried using to improve my french, Animal Crossing is rich in context and visual clues for understanding what a certain word may mean.

  • The game is also inherently interesting to me as opposed to other games that are directly designed for leaning.

  • There is a large community outside of the game to interact with.

I'd also recommend playing through in your native language first in order to understand certain things you must do to progress in the game in order to not get stuck missing out on some clues. If you don't have a Switch and would like to see if it would be right for you, I started by watching Newtiteuf's play through on YouTube before I changed languages on my Switch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SCtKXiOKZQ&list=PL9Am7fmlndZo5BoVz07pon24TLmLLeOqZ

Are they any other games that have been helpful for language learning for you?

submitted by /u/IamRet
[link] [comments]

from 欢迎 | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2WE2GYE
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments