SV/EN/AR/HE - HelloTalk religious war.

Anybody seeing this? It's literally taking over my timeline and I wish it was actually in my target language. I am so annoyed by what this app is becoming. So it started with some Swedish dude who was learning Arabic and Spanish and then suddenly switched his language settings to Hebrew. After a few days he started quoting the Bible and professing his love for Israel as a Christian man of God and just bringing politics into it saying how Palestine is an illegitimate state and how those who oppose Israel are the enemies of God, etc... I've been following him for a while and was kind of shocked by his sudden switch from an outgoing, open-minded person to a radical zionist. And of course after that, some muslim folks got triggered and started quoting the Qura'an and mentioning the Jews and suddenly we're in the midst of a full-blown religious war that has absolutely nothing to do with language learning!! It's literally so infuriating. I renewed my premium subscription a few days ago and I have so many regrets.

submitted by /u/frozen_fire_
[link] [comments]

from Здравейте | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2Yis0EY
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments