Query on learning Bengali

Hi all,

So a little background: My Mrs and her family are from Sylhet in Bangladesh. While her father speaks a good amount of English her mother does not, and while they always treat me well when ever I visit, I feel like I'm being rude by not being able to converse properly. The family always jokes about getting me to teach her English while she teaches me Bengali, but I really want to put the effort in on my end. I would speak to my other half about it however I want it to be a surprise. Looking online I can't find many sources for learning the language, and I know there is a difference between the Sylheti way of speaking and the Dhaka version. None of the sources I have found seem to state which dialect it is teaching. So, I was hoping that someone could point me in in the right direction.

Thanks all in advance!

submitted by /u/Buxsle
[link] [comments]

from Здравейте | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2yXX0iF
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments