Having a really hard time reading novels

So I've been learning English since 2015, and since 2017 I've been trying to read books in English. Thing is, novels are really hard for me to read, even books that should actually be easy to me.

I thought I had a C1 level in English but honestly I'm not sure anymore. I tried reading The Hobbit, Animal Farm, Redwall, and Harry Potter. Books that even children can read, yet I struggle so much with them. I can usually read the entire book and understand the story, but the amount of words that I don't know is what irks me. Specially the amount of nouns that books have. Words like "cupboards", "armchair", "hearth", etc. only appear so frequently in novels. I can read non-fiction easily but any novel to me is just a chore to read. I can watch cartoons and play videogames with no problem, it's just books and sometimes live action movies that I have a problem with, since the actors seem to mumble in the movies I watch.

In regards to writing, I still confuse in/at/on a lot, never sure which one to use. You'd think at this point I would already know their difference really well. Though to be honest, I rarely write things in English, since I have social anxiety it's really hard for me build up courage to write things on the internet and make friends.

Anyway, does anyone have the same problem that I have?

submitted by /u/WasdMouse
[link] [comments]

from Добродошли| Languagelearning https://ift.tt/34w4Bkc
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments