TL can’t keep up with my thoughts in my native language?

So I’d say I know my TL pretty well and I consume native content in it every day. I theoretically have a large enough vocabulary to express whatever I’d need to.

The problem is that I simply can’t think/speak fast enough in it like I can in English, to the point where whenever I try to say something complex, my thoughts in English have long “outpaced” what I want to say in my TL. Therefore what ends up coming out is a slow, broken, half-translated sentence.

This has been a problem since day 1, even after all the input I’ve consumed and how vastly my comprehension has improved.

Has anyone else experienced this? What have you done to mitigate it?

submitted by /u/orangeinjustice
[link] [comments]

from Únati yupóniyea| Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2JhUYvY
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments