Is finding a speaking partner in German as hard as finding one in Norwegian or Swedish?

I've been speaking a second language for a couple of years now and I'm looking to pick up another. My second language is Brazilian Portuguese, so I've been trying to avoid Spanish. This has landed me in Europe! My first 2 choices were Norwegian and Swedish, but it seems impossible to find an exchange partner that is "serious", because everybody in Norway and Sweden already speak English well, so it's really just more use and small improvements, which many quickly give up on. Will I run into the same problem with German? I found my best learning experience is a combo of Duolingo/YouTube/other sources, and 1 or 2 people that I can converse with on a daily basis, so this is important to me in learning.

Also willing to consider other languages if German will be the same problem!

I know of the Swedish subreddit and their discord (I'm a big fan!), But I need something on more of an individual level for a while first.

Any suggestions are welcome!

submitted by /u/schnondle
[link] [comments]

from Maligayang pagdating | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2TvXXa0
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments