Learning Russian and usefulness of taking classes

Hey, ive been practicing Russian for a little over a year. Its the only language and country and culture I find interesting enough to dive into like this. (No offence to anyone)

I have always been fascinated by Russian language and military things, and Russian history. Since a child, it was one of my obsessions actually.

I didnt really have the resources to start learning a language until now though, I'm in college for two degree programs, cyber security and industrial technology, and have tried to learn multiple languages and it seems Russian is the only one ive made any progress with that I enjoy (literally staying up 8 hours straight doing Duo lingo and reading Russian grammar books I can find at book stores or Amazon, translating poetry etc.)

I even mix using Russian language to define functions and variables in python computer code... Another thing I like.

Point is, I really like Russian language, but how much can one person actually learn with just online tools and books? I play games in Russian i try to immerse myself in it.

But im worried how will I actually get good enough to speak to other people in Russian? I feel like id be scared to talk to Russian people at my current level. I want to get good enough where I can talk to real Russians regularly.

I even plan to save up and move there...

Ive looked into university courses for russian learners, but I'm already in 2 degree programs and dont know if I can afford to also do an extra program and still continue to save money.

Is there anyway I can get really good at Russian without paying for classes? Or maybe a cheaper alternative.... I'm really willing to put in the time and effort it takes to learn this language! But I feel like Duo lingo, books, and youtube videos and video games just arent gonna cut it all the way?

What about you guys? What have you guys tried out? Whats the best, cheapest, way of learning a language?

TLDR

What's the best way to get fluent in a language? Or good enough where I can be close to fluent if I was to communicate to ppl who are native speakers?

submitted by /u/11Longnightofsolace7
[link] [comments]

from Tere tulemast | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/38Dee28
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments