Is it more important to focus on practicality or passion? Please Help

I am an American Student Studying at an English University in France. I have one year left in my degree after this semester. I have never taken a formal French course but my French is a solid B1. I feel like I should be focused on becoming more fluent in French as it will look impressive on my resume if I am able to achieve full working proficiency in the language. The problem is the language (nor the culture) itself does not inspire me. On the other hand I have dual Italian citizenship (through my grandparents) and I am really motivated/passionate about learning Italian. Because of my grandparents speaking to me when I was small, I can fully understand when being spoken to, but have no experience reading, writing or speaking. Logically I am thinking that I should really focus on French as I am living with a French family for the next year and would have many opportunities to practice. Also French is much more widely spoken than Italian. My goal is to reach a C1 level in within the next 18 months. Is that possible to do in Italian while living in France? Opinions and advice are greatly appreciated...

submitted by /u/123321NYC
[link] [comments]

from Siya namkela nonke | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2PCIdQ3
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments