Falling out of love with a language, how to push through

Basically I've lost whatever passion and motivation I had to learn German because of conflict with my school (TL;DR a lot of manipulation, thousands of dollars, shitty rumors, DM if you absolutely must have the details) I still have a year and a half left of my major and I feel pretty suffocated just thinking about it.

I don't think it's standard depression because I've actually become more productive in writing/drawing since deciding to give up on German and I'm still doing well in my classes, although it still kind of hurts to do German classwork or even just discuss the topic. I know this sub is mostly people who are still totally in on language learning but I wanted to know if you guys had tips for powering through low-motivation periods and not getting discouraged about difficulties in learning a language.

submitted by /u/chapstickbrush
[link] [comments]

from Siya namkela nonke | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2TfhWbJ
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments