Arabic vs Russian

Hi everyone,

I'm a current freshman at university, planning on going to politics/international relations/law. I took AP French in high school and I can carry a decent conversation in the language. I'm also bilingual: I can speak English and Telugu with a native level fluency. I was planning on continuing French whilst in college, but I also want to learn either Russian or Arabic (but can't choose between the two!)

Arabic pros:

Super interested in Middle Eastern politics/history

Critical language for gov

I've also been wanting to learn Hindi and since Arabic is the script for Urdu, I'd technically learn both three languages by learning two.

Arabic cons:

Would only learn MSA, so would also need to learn another dialect if I wanna communicate with people

Russian pros:

Bigger population

Critical language for gov

Like Russian literature

Russian cons:

Personally not as interested in politics and history

submitted by /u/spavbhaji
[link] [comments]

from Siya namkela nonke | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2PzmIjk
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments