To those of you that use Italki, what was your first lesson like?

I have been learning Japanese for a while in my spare but mostly using youtube and various other sources but I sorely lack confidence speaking to people, even though I know most of basic phrases, and my ability to construct sentences, process, and respond to questions in real-time is dreadful. I heard about Italki recently online and learners people have spoken very highly of it and recommend the platforms to new learners, which has made me want to try it out. Although, I have been on the edge of actually booking a lesson for a while. I usually find myself thinking 'I am not good enough yet', "I won't be able to hold the conversation in the target languages", or "what would we even talk about?" I definitely need to just smash through these mental blocks. I do have some questions though

  • What was your first lesson like? Did you do a trial or jump straight in?

  • How many lessons of a week do you have? How many different teachers should you use or Is it best t stick to one?

  • Did you go into the lesson with plan or outline of what you wanted to do?

Do you contact the tutor beforehand before booking it

submitted by /u/AvatarReiko
[link] [comments]

from Tere tulemast | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2uR3Fcs
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments