I've noticed a lot of people dislike DuoLingo and I'm not sure why.

Background: Raised in Canada, native English speaker. However my mom's side is Brazilian and I've only really started understanding Portuguese this past year, having visited that side and been immersed. I've used Duolingo for some years before that but not often. My experience with Duolingo has increased my vocabulary and taught me common words that I wouldn't have thought to look up. I will say while I was actually in Brazil, I definitely learned more through real conversation. I don't think an app will ever compare. But pairing Duo for studying vocab while using real conversation for pronunciation and forming sentences, it helped a lot. Any thoughts?

submitted by /u/JShotty
[link] [comments]

from Tere tulemast | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/38WmtGe
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments