How to turn input into output?

Right now I’m at a point where I can understand target language material relatively well, whether in spoken or written form. Yet no matter how much input I take in and how many new words I learn, I just can’t translate it into output (speaking primarily). I’m perfectly capable of thinking in the language when I’m listening to it, but when I’m speaking it my mind instantly goes blank and switches back to English (L1) mode. Add that to all the grammar which I’m perfectly familiar with but is just an extra hard step when speaking.

I know this is a relatively common issue, but I’ve made virtually no progress output-wise regardless of how much I listen or read. Even when I try to practice speaking extensively, I don’t get any more comfortable and it feels like I’m in this trap where I just can’t produce well at all.

Any suggestions?

submitted by /u/orangeinjustice
[link] [comments]

from Tere tulemast | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2t7lyDz
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments